My second e-commerce project that I started with some friends during highschool, I left it after 18 months because it wasn't profitable so far, and I preferred to focus on getting freelance clients which was more profitable.
After my first business fail, I wanted to build a more legit e-commerce brand. So after meeting a few guys who wanted to build a clothing brand at a party, I convinced them to let me be their digital designer and web developer, I would handle the tech stuff, and they would handle the relationship with the tee-shirt printing company in our city, logistics, and the deliveries.
- E-Commerce is not an easy thing when on a budget, we wanted to have an influencer marketing strategy, but the budget wasn’t big enough to do it.
- Managing a business can be a hard thing to do when everyone is young and doesn't have solid skills.
- We made it more difficult by not having a proper leader, which made it hard to make decisions.
Milestones & Achievements
2018: 3000 followers on Instagram.
2019: Owning a stand at parties on boats & nightclubs to promote the brand.
2020: Sponsorship of the rappers @letopsothug & @cheublacheuw. (the guys from Noche did it after I left, congrats to them!)
- I learned a lot from this project, even if it kind of was the cliché of the young high school kid starting a clothing brand, I do not regret it, we had fun moments, and I came out of it a bit smarter.
- I learned how to build a proper project with other people and it was a valuable experience.
- It was a lot of fun to build this project and meet up to build something bigger than us.
Here are a few photos so you can see what it looked like: